Energy Healing Therapy
“The body's energies are the key to health, vitality, and well-being. Energy medicine is the art and science of working with and teaching people to work with these energies. Long recognized by Eastern cultures, subtle energy fields are only recently being studied, and utilized by Western medicine. Energy medicine is transforming health care, and having an impact on many endeavors involving human performance.”*
Energy medicine activates the body’s natural healing abilities. The different types of energy medicine accomplish this by restoring or rebalancing energies that are disrupted, blocked, or have become weak. Energy methods reduce pain and stress, and prevent or treat a wide array of illnesses.
Most energy healing techniques involve putative energy. This energy cannot be measured using conventional equipment, but practitioners report sensing the energy with their hands or being able to see it.
What Energy Medicine Does
- addresses biological processes at their energetic foundations, impacting many common and uncommon physical ailments.
- regulates biological processes with speed, precision, and flexibility.
- fosters healing and prevents illness with methods that are economical, easily applied, and not invasive.
- frequently energy medicine is used at home on a self-help basis, creating a partnership between client and practitioner.
- utilizes non-linear concepts consistent with the healing effect of prayer, distance healing, and the role of intention in wellness.
- strengthens integration of body, mind, and spirit, not only for healing but for greater well-being, passion for life, and tranquility.
Energy practitioners perform their “magic” by pinching, tapping, massaging, and twisting their client’s body (gently). They move their hand along energy meridians (paths), connect acupoints, focus the mind, use body posture, and exercises. There are some energy healers who believe true energy healing is only done with the hands, but to most it refers to any technique that heals by restoring, moving or manipulating the body’s energy.
Some Types of Energy Medicine
- emotional freedom technique (EFT)
- shamanic healing
- Healing Touch and Restorative Touch
- crystal therapy
There are many books and DVDs available that teach people how to use energy medicine on themselves or others.
- Six Pillars of Energy Medicine, article by David Feinstein, Ph.D., and Donna Eden
- *Energy Medicine Institute
photo by Jaasavol